Hi,

If I may add a few more cents to this topic (I understand things are still in
flux):

In order to keep the maintainer lines a bit cleaner: would it be possible to
consider a syntax where each maintainer has a single entry which just appends
the github ID along the lines `currentlyusedID=githubID` (so cal=neverpanic or
gmail.com:rjvbertin=RJVB)?

Regardless of how they're used on github I'd have avoided using the @ symbol in
the maintainer syntax because of its use in email addresses. I would also only
print the github IDs with `port -v info` because they seem to be of little
interest to the average user who may only need to use the maintainer email
address. (And I'd print the github ID on a single line with the email too,
vertical screen space typically being more limited than horizontal space.)

R.