Hi,

On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 11:12:04PM +0200, Clemens Lang wrote:
You have been accepted into Google Summer of Code 2017 and will work for
MacPorts over the summer. Congratulations, we are happy to have you!

Thanks for picking my project and mentoring.

Please read our guidelines we put together here:
 http://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeGuidelines

Subversion -> Git ;)

As a general rule, we as mentors are here to assist you with your
project, so please just ask if you need assistance with anything. I may
not always find time to answer quickly, but please keep pinging me, I'm
here to help!

My work will be done in github.com/macports-staging first and then
deployed to github.com/macports.

I'm trying to install MacPorts on Travis VMs. I want to avoid syncing
the ports tree to save more time for actual testing.  Since the .pkg
installer would automatically call `port -v selfupdate` I've modified
.travis.yml in base to produce an archive of /opt/local after executing
`sudo port install`. To create the "macports" user I also added the
postflight script into the archive at
https://github.com/macports-staging/macports-base/releases. After
extracting the archive, patching conf files and running postflight, I
tried to install getopt for mpbb but that failed with

Error: Updating database of binaries failed
Error: rev-upgrade failed: can't read "env(COLUMNS)": no such variable
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

Please help. Even though I could just install the .pkg but using
archives allows me to deploy it on Linux too so we could use a different
CI for lint tests and only test PRs on Travis.

--
Best regards,
Zero King

Don't trust the From address.