Hi,

turning off the sandbox fixed the build, so this definitely is the issue….

I agree requiring access to /dev/random during the build is a bit weird, but
actually does make some sense in this case, the script being run is generating
an example output ROOT file for the tutorials, which includes filling some
histograms and tuples with random numbers.

Is it possible to flag at a port level that access to some areas is OK for
certain ports ? To be honest I would be surprised if there was, as it would
potentially allow ports to start turning off the protections the sandbox
provides willy nilly, but I thought I would ask ?

Failing that, yes, could we add /dev/random to the list of allowed areas ? Odd
yes, but in this case does make some sense…

cheers Chris