> On Sep 29, 2017, at 1:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 11:53, Marius Schamschula wrote:
>
>> Marius Schamschula (Schamschula) pushed a commit to branch master
>> in repository macports-ports.
>>

>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/8cc85e0fb1b985598bd8873609ae61f82a3e05f2
>>
>> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>>
>>     new 8cc85e0  gnutls 3.5.15: add doc variant
>>
>> 8cc85e0 is described below
>>

>> commit 8cc85e0fb1b985598bd8873609ae61f82a3e05f2
>>
>> Author: Marius Schamschula <m...@macports.org>
>> AuthorDate: Fri Sep 29 11:53:51 2017 -0500
>>

>>    gnutls 3.5.15: add doc variant
>>

>>    Disable doc build for universal builds
>
> Why? I didn't previously have a problem building gnutls universal.
>
> If this change is to remain, then the revision should be increased, otherwise
> users who installed the port universal before this change would have
> documentation and those who install it afterward won't, which is inconsistent.

Apparently, building examples (part of the documentation) using the universal
variant under Yosemite needs -stdlib=libstdc++, in other words the cxx11
PortGroup. This would disable gnutls for older systems.

I didn’t revbump, as this only affects those systems with the universal
variant. For those the upgrade to gnutls 3.5.15 should have failed. All others
should have built ( I got no contrary reports).

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula