On 2017-11-07, at 12:03 AM, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> On 2017-11-06, at 11:35 PM, Leonardo Brondani Schenkel wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I recently introduced a new port, xdxf_makedict, which built successfully on
>> my box (macOS 10.13) on first try. However, after it got merged I started
>> getting notifications from the buildbots about build failures on 10.12 and
>> older.
>>
>> The first problem, which I now have solved, was that the code was using the
>> EXIT_SUCCESS/EXIT_FAILURE macros in some files without including <cstdlib>
>> first.
>>
>> However, now I started getting other, different failures:
>> - 10.8:
>> https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.8_x86_64_legacy-builder/builds/42330/steps/install-port/logs/stdio
>> - 10.7: same problem as 10.8
>> - 10.6:
>> https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64_legacy-builder/builds/46675/steps/install-port/logs/stdio
>>
>> The problem is that I cannot replicate any of this, and I don't have any
>> older environment to test. So far I have been fixing the issues "blind" but
>> I have committed two fixes already and I don't want to be committing fixes
>> on top of fixes that might or might not solve the issue, polluting the
>> history in the process.  Could somebody help?
>>
>> This is kind of a fringe program, I have decided to add the port since I
>> could build it on first try and thought it might be useful to others. But
>> now I'm kinda disappointed with the state of the codebase and I'm starting
>> to wonder if adding this was the right call...
>>
>> // Leonardo.
>

> I found this <https://github.com/soshial/xdxf_makedict/issues/13> which looks
> like the same errors, as a clue. I'll see if I can build it on my 10.6 box.
>
> Ken

So my usual machine is 10.6.8, set up with LibcxxOnOlderSystems, and default
compiler is presently clang-3.9.

With that, it built straight through without any trouble:

$ port -v installed xdxf_makedict
 xdxf_makedict @0.4.1-beta1-20171015_0 (active) platform='darwin 10'
archs='x86_64' date='2017-11-07T00:21:38-0800'

during the build, I noticed one extra included library

-- Found libintl: /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib

so perhaps there is a missing dep for port:libiconv

Ken