On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 09:37:34PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 19:16:15 -0600 Ryan Schmidt
<ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
On Dec 14, 2017, at 18:43, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> So I had naively hoped that by erroring out the build of ocaml on
> MacOS < 10.7 that I'd cease to get nagged about build failures of
> the port, but apparently no such luck. I suppose that's because
> the system does still try to build the port, and it fails.
>
> Any thoughts about a way to specify that only some versions
> of the operating system can build a port, so the build bots don't
> get angry?

We don't have a way to do that right now, sorry.

Would it be reasonable to add an equivalent of supported_archs? We
could then have the buildbots notice that. Are the buildbot sources
on github? I could have a look at what would be required...

There is a ticket for this, but it has stalled for a long time:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/15712.

--
Best regards,
Zero King