On 31 March 2018 at 19:31, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> For example, cmake pegged @ 3.9 will work for many years on Tiger to build
> any software that needs cmake, and at present, you can get nothing usable
> from the main MacPorts repo.

CMake is in fact one exception where I would be in favour of pegging
it to 3.9 for the super old OSes even in the official tree.

I couldn't say the same about others.

Mojca

PS: Fink would just leave you with whatever packages were there when
they dropped official support for one particular OS and they no longer
support < 10.9. So most packages would probably still work, but you
get zero updates. I noticed that they still have 10.1 in their
repository :)