Attached is my current portfile which builds both a static archive and dynamic
library.

The last thing to do is build the example programs that can be used to test
Tarcs:

#for the second pass through WRKSRC_SHARED, use a nonexistent MAKEOBJDIR to
71      #prevent make from entering the obj subdirectories and breaking the
build (see,
72      #for example, the description of .OBJDIR in make(1)):
73              (cd ${WRKSRC}_SHARED && \
74                      ${SETENV} ${MAKE_ENV} MAKEOBJDIR="${NONEXISTENT}" \
75                      ${MAKE} ${_MAKE_JOBS} ${MAKE_ARGS}
${BINS:S|^|bin/FreeBSD/|})

which corresponds to

$(DIREXE)direct$(EXEEXT): $(STDDEPS) $(DIROBJ)direct$(OBJEXT)
$(DIRLIB)libtaucs$(LIBEXT)
        $(LD) $(LDFLAGS) \
        $(LOUTFLG)$(DIREXE)direct$(EXEEXT) \
        $(DIROBJ)direct$(OBJEXT) \
        -L$(DIRLIB) -ltaucs \
        $(LIBS)
$(DIREXE)taucs_run$(EXEEXT): $(STDDEPS) $(DIROBJ)taucs_run$(OBJEXT)
$(DIRLIB)libtaucs$(LIBEXT)
        $(LD) $(LDFLAGS) \
        $(LOUTFLG)$(DIREXE)taucs_run$(EXEEXT) \
        $(DIROBJ)taucs_run$(OBJEXT) \
        -L$(DIRLIB) -ltaucs \
        $(LIBS)
$(DIREXE)iter$(EXEEXT): $(STDDEPS) $(DIROBJ)iter$(OBJEXT)
$(DIRLIB)libtaucs$(LIBEXT)
        $(LD) $(LDFLAGS) \
        $(LOUTFLG)$(DIREXE)iter$(EXEEXT) \
        $(DIROBJ)iter$(OBJEXT) \
        -L$(DIRLIB) -ltaucs \
        $(LIBS)

in the makefile. They set a nonexistent directory using OBJDIR with BSD make.
Gnu make does not have this option, does it? It seems rediculus to have to
build the library each time. Can I issue these with ‘system', omitting the
library object?

Mark Brethen
mark.bret...@gmail.com