I would like to thank everyone, especially Josh who did the bulk of the heavy
lifting and Jeremy who initially designed the whole setup, for the work
involved in making the default to libc++ happen for all these systems.

Although, no doubt, we may find a few hiccups that need to be tweaked, on the
whole I believe everyone's life will be easier.

I appreciate the efforts involved, as do - I’m sure - many people.

Although continuing support for these older systems can seem to be a burden at
times, hopefully with this change, and with the legacysupport PG, we’ve made it
as small a burden as possible.

I continue to believe that MacPorts extremely robust support for older systems
is one of our real strengths, and brings new users to MacPorts regularly.

Thanks,

Ken