On Sun, 13 Oct 2019, Jack Howarth wrote:

It seems one of the issues that have stymied progress there is that scons
isn't python 3 compatible.

https://github.com/SCons/scons/issues/3299

That issue seems to be about Python 3.8, not 3.x. SCons has been compatible with Python 3 since v3, though 3.0.0 had some rough edges.

That being said, in general I'm not in favor of abandoning 2.7, since there's still lots of Python code in the world that doesn't work with Python 3.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 9:31 AM Chris Jones <jon...@hep.phy.cam.ac.uk>