> You need to try and isolate the one causing the issue, if you believe it is
> something MacPorts is appending to the env, and then address that
> specifically.

That’s what I’m asking for help to do.

How are these flags and environment variables set within a Portfile?

I don’t know enough about the MacPorts build design or clang options enough to
go through all the combinatoric flag settings, or to divide-and-conquer the
problem.

Here are the flags set by Google’s upstream repo,
<https://github.com/google/jsonnet/blob/master/Makefile>:
> CXXFLAGS ?= -g $(OPT) -Wall -Wextra -Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -std=c++0x
> -fPIC
> CXXFLAGS += -Iinclude -Ithird_party/md5 -Ithird_party/json
> CFLAGS ?= -g $(OPT) -Wall -Wextra -pedantic -std=c99 -fPIC
> CFLAGS += -Iinclude
> MAKEDEPENDFLAGS += -Iinclude -Ithird_party/md5 -Ithird_party/json
> EMCXXFLAGS = $(CXXFLAGS) -g0 -Os --memory-init-file 0 -s
> DISABLE_EXCEPTION_CATCHING=0 -s OUTLINING_LIMIT=10000 -s
> RESERVED_FUNCTION_POINTERS=20 -s ASSERTIONS=1 -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1
> EMCFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) --memory-init-file 0 -s DISABLE_EXCEPTION_CATCHING=0 -s
> ASSERTIONS=1 -s ALLOW_MEMORY_GROWTH=1
> LDFLAGS ?=

How are these variables and flags unset/reset within a Portfile?