I think the best approach is to isolate “atomic” changes, and open a PR for
each of them. This way problems with dependencies can be isolated and decoupled
from those for Blender.

If they are really too many, maybe try to provide PRs for semantically related
libraries or somehow related in some other way (like, “python” dependencies). I
would say a maximum of 3 - 4 ports per PR?

I’ll leave the word to more expert members of the community, that’s my general
approach when I need to merge upstream complex trees of ports...

          _

https://rdb.is