On Jun 27, 2020, at 23:18, Fred Wright wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Somehow I missed that we have a shellescape proc. This is very exciting!
>> I've wanted this function for a long time, and I'm just realizing now that
>> it exists and that we've had it for 6 years.
>>
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/494a1feafa2ad46c66f9714b760fb5b50ff5dd48
>>
>> Thank you, Clemens!
>>
>> We should be using this everywhere, such as in portextract.tcl.
>>
>> It looks like it is available for use in portfiles too. Portfiles should
>> switch to using this when specifying filenames or paths in a system call
>> instead of manually quoting them with 'quotes' (or, more usually, not doing
>> anything).
>>
>> Looks like neither shellescape nor quotemeta are documented in the guide.
>
> Perhaps with good reason:
>
> MacML @21:03:49.192:: Error: Failed to extract curl-ca-bundle: invalid
> command name "shellescape"

Whoops, didn't realize that it had only just been made available in the not yet
released MacPorts 2.7.0 for Portfiles to use. Fixed:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/6c5276d315e64e99f0a7e57b6cf9940b83e9eab6

> This happens on 10.5, 10.8, and 10.12.  The missing binary archives are
> consistent with this.

That's unrelated.

We don't make binaries for 10.5 right now. We used to make binaries for 10.5
ppc but the Power Mac's power supply died and I haven't gotten the replacement
Power Mac online yet to take over.

The 10.8 and 10.12 buildbot workers were offline for a time because the SSDs
they were stored on died. They're back up and running using hard disks for now
but there is a large backlog of builds.