On Jul 7, 2020, at 06:17, Steven Smith wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:54 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Usually the defaults of the github portgroup should be sufficient. But
>> you're mixing it with the python portgroup, and it's possible that the
>> python portgroup is overwriting the github portgroup's settings for these.
>> Is that what you're seeing?
>
> I added this so that worksrcdir has the name of the version, not the GitHub
> commit hash, which is easier to debug.

Oh I see, because you're using a commit hash not a tagged version. But it
should work fine with the defaults. I'm not sure I see how this way it easier
to debug.

Don't forget to use the full commit hash as we do in other ports, not an
abbreviation.

>> Do the reasons why tensorflow is requiring such a new compiler also apply to
>> this new port?
>
> Not sure. I’m simply trying to adapt py-tensorflow’s successful bazel-based
> build to a Python port that also uses bazel.

I understand, but please make sure you know why you're putting each line into
your Portfile. The compiler blacklisting in tensorflow was added to address
this issue:

Symbol not found:
__ZN10tensorflow4data12experimental14SnapshotReader33kSnappyReaderInputBufferSizeBytesE

https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/issues/39262

Please try building your software with the default compiler and only add
blacklisting if the default compiler fails.

Same question for the compiler.cxx_standard 2014 line. Does this software
require C++14? I didn't see any mention of it in their repository, but they
could have forgotten to document that requirement.