> Am 06.03.2021 um 02:17 schrieb Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org>:
>
> I would abandon this attempt because a port shouldn't be installing anything
> in a user's $HOME. Ports should accommodate being installed by one user but
> being used by another user, for example. And the user account we use on our
> build server is unlikely to be the same as the user account that the user is
> using.

You are of course right about not installing anything into $HOME. I changed the
port to install into /Library/Application Support/MacPass and also changed the
„parent“ app MacPass to load plugins from this location.

If I were a seasoned Objective-C developer I would have changed the path to
something below ${prefix}. If I find time to dig deeper into Objective-C I will
do that, but for the time being I think /Library/Application Support is good
enough.

The PR for the new port MacPassHTTP is here:
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/10162