On Mar 9, 2021, at 03:18, Andrew Janke wrote:

> Octave 6.2.0 is out; released on Feb 20. Looking at
> https://ports.macports.org/port/octave/summary, it seems like the MacPorts
> port is still on 6.1.0. When can we expect it to update to 6.2.0? Anything I
> can do to help out with that process? I ask because we just had a user ask on
> the octave-maintainers list about a build-from-source issue with 6.2.0 from
> source on Mac in a MacPorts environment, and I would really like to be able
> to tell them "just install the official port!".

To request a port update, it is recommended to file a ticket in our Trac issue
tracker, or if you can prepare the update yourself, you can submit that to us
as a pull request.

The bug report for this issue is: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59991

> Question 3: I was going to ask you about getting my Tablicious package in to
> MacPorts even though it's not an official Octave Forge package, but oh, wow,
> it's already there! https://ports.macports.org/port/octave-tablicious  – Is
> there anything I can do as a package maintainer to make it easier to produce
> a quality port here? And out of curiosity, how did you find Tablicious in the
> first place? It's not exactly in common use (yet!).

Marius added it last month but did not mention where he found it:
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/11e5dbd983ba2cca63e884245fb4adfd5f40b6b3

> The Homepage listed for Tablicious in its port description is incorrect. It's
> not https://octave.sourceforge.io/tablicious/, because Tablicious is not in
> Octave Forge (yet). The Homepage is currently just the GitHub repo,
> https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious. (If a GitHub repo isn't
> acceptable for this, let me know and I'll whip up a proper little web site
> for it.)

Marius fixed this:
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/687bb3f4fd32e4c3f7a43c84728b6fcfc4465046