I’ve noticed this with all of my recent PRs.

But here’s one from a few days ago, for NoMacs:
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/10781/checks?check_run_id=2427118047

Looking at the raw logs, with timestamps, illustrates the issue.

The first dependency started installing at 3:33pm:
2021-04-24T15:33:40.0051560Z Installing dependency (1 of 265) 'bzip2' with
variants '' (requesting '') ... [OK]

While the last dependency finished installing at 5:27pm, two hours later:
2021-04-24T17:22:49.4607320Z Installing dependency (265 of 265) 'qt5-qttools'
with variants '' (requesting '') ... [OK]
2021-04-24T17:27:26.6862050Z ##[endgroup]

The last one is a great example: While QT5 isn’t a small port, it required a
5-minute installation time? Though it isn’t limited to that specific port, as
the entire dependency installation process is slow.

Is this normal/expected?