Hi,

Judging from the version number, port:libcxx ships a version that's long
outdated. Is there a reason for that, like it's the latest version that builds
on all OS X versions that require the libc++ conversion?

I have a local version that is currently at v8.0.0 on my 10.9.5 system and have
had that install the runtime shared libraries (= not the ones used by the
linker) in $prefix/lib via an additional +runtime variant which also installs a
launch wrapper that adds $prefix/lib to DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES
(DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH typically isn't enough on Mac). It's a lot newer than my
system versions even (than v5.0.1) and yet I can't recall having had any issues
with it. On the contrary, it fixed a number of strange C++ runtime warnings in
certain KDE software and must give me that bit more performance because built
with a more recent clang, full CPU-specific optimisation and LTO.

R.