On 2022-9-26 07:36 , Chris Jones wrote:

On 25 Sep 2022, at 10:27 pm, Joshua Root <j...@macports.org> wrote:

On 2022-9-25 01:13 , Christopher Jones wrote:
On 24 Sep 2022, at 3:52 pm, Arjun Salyan <ar...@macports.org
<mailto:ar...@macports.org>> wrote:

The output of "port info pciids” from the same Docker container says:
Can you please run
port -d info pciids
pipe the output to file and send it here ? I want to see if we can figure out
what is leading port to decide to add these deps.

Compiler selection doesn't depend only on the platform, it looks at the actual
versions (and existence) of the compilers available on the system. It's just
another way in which a static PortIndex can't reflect the dynamic values of
Portfile variables.

So to make this work as you want, you'd have to either make a way to inject a
fake compiler_version_cache, or provide compiler executables (or something that
looks like them) that report the desired versions on the system running
portindex.

Yeah I guessed as much.

Its always been a limitation of the site that it can only report the deps for a
single platform, but its a bit of a shame that platform also isn’t actually a
macOS version.

Instead of generating the portindex itself, running on linux, would it not work
if instead it just grabbed the index from the macports buildbots, as also
distributed to uses ? Say for the most recent OS. Using this instead of
generating its own would at least make the results correct for one platform.

This should get rid of a lot of the questionable compiler deps on Linux at least: <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/adb89e7e14d1ba6ac330077392eaef94e38f76cf>

- Josh