Hi,

Ken Cunningham wrote:
My only question is whether to skip over gcc8-12, or include them.

If we skip over gcc8-12, we can probably have a new release that uses gcc13 as the primary gcc on all systems in macports done by Monday. Less maybe. Last time I jumped the version, it took me an hour.

Is gcc13 tested enough? I fear that since we are left at gcc7 for a long time, that's the tested one.

And then — no more worries. Existing macports base infrastructure will just work as it is. Some fairly minor tweaking of what compilers are available on which systems will be done.

If we have to fix all the gcc versions between gcc8 and 12 — well that will take a bit more time to fix and to build.
6-7-13?
6-7-8-10-12-13?
6-8-13?

giving numbers :)  Keep odd compilers only if it is the last current available.

What's actually to "fix" later and add in-between gcc's if needed?

For Riccardo’s bug, we always knew the gcc JIT was fragile on 32 bit systems. It probably needs to be disabled there by tweaking this block in the gcc8

so you think the issue is 32bit ppc and I would have issues on 32bit intel too? I need to fix that fan and test :)

Portfile:

if {${subport} eq "gcc8"} {

     # the jit is not building on i386 systems
     # seehttps://trac.macports.org/ticket/61130
     if {${build_arch} ne "i386"} {
         lappend gcc_configure_langs jit
     }