René J.V. Bertin wrote on 20150604::18:56:52 re: "Re: rev-upgrade and checking
for +universal dependencies (and build dependencies)"

This discussion is older than I thought (or care to realise!) but I was
reminded of it thanks to #51516 that brought Pextlib's tracelib.c to my
attention.

As I said I'm not at all familiar with the trace mode but from what I
understand it works by disabling access to all but a subset of installed files.

Could it be combined with the `rev-upgrade` feature to implement something like
`port dependents [file|port]`, where `port dependents <file>` would disable
access to the file in question and then run `rev-upgrade` (or optionally
`rev-upgrade -v`) ?

R.