The usual equivalent older construct is this:

NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
{

}
[pool drain];

which (AFAIK) does exactly the same thing as:

@autoreleasepool
{

}

but just a little less beautifully.

Now the commit you referenced has this older construct still in place. But I
didn't look at the current source code that you are compiling to see what it
has.

Ken