Le 07-03-08 à 01:18, Richard Taylor a écrit :

On Thursday 08 March 2007 02:37, Yves de Champlain wrote:
Le 07-03-07 à 16:52, Paul Beard a écrit :

On Mar 5, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Richard Taylor wrote:
I had exactly the same problem. I eventually came to the
conclusion that the
pygtk build on Mac OSX is broken. I don't believe that it is
anything to do
with gramps. I think that it is a combination of the gcc/gtk/pygtk
versions
but I was unable to verify the exact problem.

I have gone round and round on this. No closer to resolution.

In the end I abandoned trying to get it to work (after a 4 complete
uninstall/rebuild everything sessions with darwinports and fink)
with either
fink or darwinports and worked out a way to make it work with a
native gtk
build.

If you are the maintainer, can that be rolled into a Portfile? It
would be a lot better of the py-gtk2/py-gnome stuff could be
resolved but I don't know how to get that going. It looks like
gramps is crapping on a failed test for py-gnome, but the actual
failure is a failure to run the test.

checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking Python bindings for gtk2.4 (pygtk2>=2.3.4)... ok
checking Python bindings for gnome... ./configure: line 2324:  2894
Bus error               $PYTHON conftest.py
cat: conftest.out: No such file or directory
configure: error:
**** The python bindings for gnome 2.0 (gnome-python2) could not be
found.

Line 2324 is the first line of this block:
$PYTHON conftest.py
has_pygnome=`cat conftest.out`
rm -f conftest.out conftest.py
if test YES != "$has_pygnome"
then
   { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error:
**** The python bindings for gnome 2.0 (gnome-python2) could not be
found." >&5
echo "$as_me: error:
**** The python bindings for gnome 2.0 (gnome-python2) could not be
found." >&2;}
   { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
fi

The conftest.py file doesn't exist in the ported version (2.0.10)
or the latest stable version (2.2.6): is it reasonable to expect it
there or should it part of some other tarball?

the conftest stuff is not a file, the code is in configure.  If you
look around, in configure or config.log, you should find how the
check for py-gnome is done.

At this point, it might be a good idea to notify the gramps
developers.  They are the ones who actually wrote that stuff and
developers usually welcome the opportunity to make their software
easier to use for everyone.

The problem here is the "Bus error". It is not a gramps issue. I believe that
the "Bus error" is caused by a problem with gtk2/pygtk2 not gramps.

Try just running python from the command line and 'import gnome/ import gtk' I
think that you will find that you get the same 'Bus error'.

I don't have py-gnome but I just tried :

Bilbo:~ yves$ python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Sep 29 2006, 07:22:43)
>>> import gtk

(.:845): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
/opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:69: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)

So i tried in an xterm :

Bilbo:~/Documents/budget yves$ python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Sep 29 2006, 07:22:43)
>>> import gtk

(.:861): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback C locale.

and that's all. No crash. But could the problem be solved by compiling in an xterm instead of a regular Terminal.app ?

yves