Hi Greg,

What Mac OS X system version are you running? And have you installed the latest xcode?

James

On Apr 17, 2007, at 8:29 PM, Greg Shenaut wrote:

On Apr 17, 2007, at 6:44 PM, James Berry wrote:

Hi Greg,

You have darwinports 1.101 installed? We hoped we'd left all those users behind (or better, that they'd all upgraded by now).

Support for upgrades from 1.1 was lost sometime around 1.4. Your best bet will be to re-install from the MacPorts 1.4 disk image available at http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/ downloads/MacPorts-1.4.0.

Doing that should install a new copy of the MacPorts code over darwinports, hopefully leaving your installed ports intact.

Did I get all that right?

Well, now it says

DarwinPorts base version 1.400 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.430
Configuring, Building and Installing new MacPorts base
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: Error installing new MacPorts base: shell command "cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/ sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate1/base && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-install-user=root --with-install- group=admin --with-tclpackage=/Library/Tcl && make && make install" returned error 2
sha1cmd.c: In function 'SHA1Cmd':
sha1cmd.c:79: error: 'SHA_DIGEST_LENGTH' undeclared (first use in this function) sha1cmd.c:79: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sha1cmd.c:79: error: for each function it appears in.)
sha1cmd.c:100: warning: implicit declaration of function 'SHA1_File'
sha1cmd.c:79: warning: unused variable 'buf'
make[2]: *** [sha1cmd.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Greg