On Sep 13, 2007, at 19:29, AstroDrabb wrote:

Is there a way to remove all installed ports? I want to start clean and before I install a port, I want to see if the port is the latest version of the software, if not, I want to try to upgrade the port.

I'm not sure if there's a good way to remove all ports, but keep the MacPorts infrastructure. You could try:

sudo port -f uninstall installed

but I haven't tried that myself because I'd like to keep my ports installed. :-)

There are instructions however for removing all of MacPorts here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ FAQ#HowdoIremoveoruninstallMacPorts

Then you can download the MacPorts 1.5.0 disk image, install it, and "sudo port selfupdate" to the latest 1.5.2 version and be on your way.