On Dec 12, 2007, at 21:04, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

On Dec 12, 2007, at 6:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

You can run `sudo port -f install p5-pathtools` and then try installing firefox-x11 again and it should work.

So that this doesn't force a rebuild of perl5.8 as well, you should recommend

sudo port -nf install p5-pathtools

instead.

That's not correct.

Running sudo port -f install p5-pathtools will not force a rebuild of an already installed perl5.8 port (I just tested it to verify).

-n is only valid for the upgrade target, anyway (and is documented as such in the manpage).

Oop, you're right, I was remembering this bug

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12989

incorrectly. Sorry for the false alarm.