Interesting idea; this brings yet another possibility. The only problem I could see with that strategy is yet-another-license-change forbidding derivative works.

If PortMgr thinks this is the way it should be handled, we could do the rename in the Debian fashion, but personally I won't be maintaining it in the future. I've stopped using it actively and only maintained it to help.

The other proposal was to keep the last good version but this was a release candidate and I seem to remember a nasty problem with the window naming.

To sum it up, I'll commit a port with a message explaining what happened, just like Ryan suggested. If someone is interested in reviving the port as 'particleman', feel free to do so.
-- Pierre

Rainer Müller wrote:
Vincent Lefevre wrote:
Or change the name of the software. These restrictions apply only
in this case:

[quoted from the LICENSE file]
  If the name Ion(tm) or other names that can be associated with the Ion
  project are used to distribute this software, then:
[/quoted]

Seems like Debian did this and renamed ion3 to ParticleMan. At least I
found this blog entry [1] about it and the packages are already in some
trees. As an alternative of removing it, maybe we can just grab the
sources from them and keep it with another name?

Rainer

[1] http://womble.decadent.org.uk/blog/introducing-particleman.html