On Dec 17, 2007, at 06:58, Miguel Cerviño wrote:

I have been investigated on the xfig installation (I found some unsolved problems
in the list).

I have found that the installation have a problem with the Xaw3d @1.5E_1 installation: xfig can be compiled with Xaw3d (standar previous version) and Xaw3d1.5. By default it assumes that libXaw3d refers to the standar version and that the new version is in libXaw3d15e, but macports call the 3d1.5 library as libXaw3d (I suppose that it is done for
compatibility with other programs).
Any case, it produces a chrash in xfig ... (I have try to modified the Imakefile to use new Xaw3d library but it does not works...) So the only solution I have found is to use xfig without the Xaw3d library at all...

I include the corresponding patch-Imakefile below
(that would replace the path_imakefile in /opt/local/var/macports/ sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/xfig/files
)

I hope it solve problems for other people...

cheers

        miguel

<patch-Imakefile>

There are already many bugs filed on xfig in the issue tracker:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/query? status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&summary=% 7Exfig&order=priority

Please read through those issues and see if one of them applies to your situation. If so, please add a note and your patch there. If not, please file a new ticket. Instructions for filing bugs are here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/TracTicketing