I'm pretty comfortable with command-line and green-screen interfaces so I haven't tried it so far. I just downloaded and installed R65 (there are several versions shown in my google search and that seemed to be the highest number).
In any event, here is the error I got:

KisMAC is not able to load the Apple Airport driver, if you killed it by loading the Viha driver. Try restarting KisMAC.

The error dialog box kept on popping up over and over, so I force-quit Kismac and restarted it, with the same result.

The KisMac forum is definitely unfriendly, so I haven't posted any request for help there, but the consensus seems to be that the Air Port Extreme with the Atheros chipset won't work with KisMac anyway. I have Kismet on other devices so it's not a crisis, just that I would rather not lug around so much equipment :-)

Walt