On Jun 10, 2008, at 11:23 PM, Martin Krischik wrote:

Note that MediaWiki supports up to 256 name spaces. For example on
wikibooks the cookbook runs in it's own name space:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook

I think it would be a good idea to have one wiki for - including the
homepage. It just need a clear structure form the onset.

That's a bit more ambitious than what I had in mind, at least at the very start, but I think that's a fine goal.

Why don't we do this: Why don't we get MediaWiki up on the MacOSForge cluster and start experimenting with it? If we don't like it, we certainly don't have to use it, but we should have options. I've used trac to edit various things on MacOSForge and cannot consider myself a fan of it given how it makes a number of things which should be simple and obvious, well, rather less so. I've also added entries to wikipedia, or edited existing ones, and found that to be a very straight-forward and relatively intuitive process by comparison.

- Jordan