I am trying to create a port file for an application (not mine) that is made up
of about 6 distribution files that are (partially) self-contained but all are
needed for the overall 'install'. Some of the distribution files documentation
or data etc., but all require a "./configure" operation.

I have been able to download all of the files and extract them into separate
directories. My problem comes in executing the 'Configure' phase which,
according to the 'Guide' operates in "${worksrcpath}" which has a default
definition of "${workpath}/${worksrcdir}". The "${workpath}" part is fine, but
"${worksrcdir}" would appear to expect a single directory name (default of
"${distname}" which is made up of the name and version number of the whole
application) and I need it to be different for each of the files.

I could split this into multiple port files except that the final install needs
to be performed as a single unit (as far as I can tell - I'm trying to check
this out) so that the executables, documentation and read-only data files are
all placed into the final directory tree at the same time and the various
environment variable paths updated (if necessary).

I have tried redefining "${worksrcdir}" to contain multiple names but this
seems to apply all of the names at once to each of the invocations of
"./configure" which causes the shell to reject the path name (surprise!).

Is there a way to get the configure phase to operate in a sequence of
directories and multiple times?

Thanks

Susan