Uh... eh...  my bad.

I "fixed" this last week in r43377 but I forgot to svn add the files dir... so you should be able to get it now with r43828

On Dec 15, 2008, at 11:19, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

Hello,
i am get the following error many times (4) when trying to execute "sudo port upgrade installed":

--->  Building xrender
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/ local/var/macports/build/ _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync .macports.org_release_ports_x11_xrender/work/libXrender-0.9.4" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make  all-recursive
Making all in src
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 - DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include - I/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/ x11/xrender/files/include -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/ include -DXTHREADS -I.. -I../include/X11/extensions -O2 -MT Picture.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/Picture.Tpo -c -o Picture.lo Picture.c /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/opt/local/include -I/ opt/local/include -I/opt/local/var/macports/sources/ rsync.macports.org/release/ports/x11/xrender/files/include -I/opt/ local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DXTHREADS -I.. -I../include/X11/ extensions -O2 -MT Picture.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/Picture.Tpo -c Picture.c -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/Picture.o
Picture.c:29:25: error: X11/Xregion.h: No such file or directory
Picture.c: In function 'XRenderSetPictureClipRegion':
Picture.c:177: error: 'BOX' undeclared (first use in this function)
Picture.c:177: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Picture.c:177: error: for each function it appears in.)
Picture.c:177: error: 'pb' undeclared (first use in this function)
Picture.c:182: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
Picture.c:184: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
Picture.c:184: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
Picture.c:191: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
Picture.c:193: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[2]: *** [Picture.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

There is no /opt/local/lib/libX11/dylib on my system; but, Apple's X11R6 is installed in /usr. The file Xrender.h is in /opt/local/ include/extensions. I notice in the -I path designation for the extensions is -I../include/extensions instead of /opt/local/include/ extensions. This is different from the other -I designations where / opt/local precedes the directory. This could be a problem if the working directory is not ../ relative away from the include/ extensions directory.
Frank