On Jul 11, 2009, at 09:15, Panagiotis Atmatzidis wrote:

I'd like to install via macports the new tor-2.0.35 because it fixes important issues related with dynamic ip addresses and I use a dynamic ip on my server.

I installed tor and libevent manually to make it work without harassment but how can I use the new tar.gz, it's just a number with the ports, or how can I contact the developer to just switch to the new version.

From a quick look it's not like we need to add support for further options, it's just a minor upgrade.

tor was updated to 0.2.0.35 by its maintainer on July 2, 2009, so you just need to sync your ports and upgrade tor (and any other outdated ports).

sudo port sync
port outdated
sudo port upgrade outdated