On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, Joshua Root wrote:

The wiki page says, "you will first need to install the base MacPorts
system again, either from the appropriate disk image or from source."
Did your port command still not work after doing that?

Yes, it worked after that, but then I tried the "automatic" method
until I ran into the library errors since going through variants lists manually
did not sound too inviting to me, and I got the feeling that there was
already much deprecated junk built up. Then I ran uninstall
installed to start from scratch.

I am now one step further after replacing the "uname -m" machine test
in python's configure with a "x86_64" string literal. Now it has some
problem in staging to destroot, not in building.

--
peter koellner <pe...@asgalon.net>