Ugh. Sorry for the post reply. Looks like you covered it.

-- Scott
Iphone says hello.

On Oct 1, 2009, at 5:17 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:

On Oct 1, 2009, at 07:16, Viren Patel wrote:

Yes, I did follow all the steps. The only difference I noticed was in
the phpinfo() test file. Whereas I originally had <? phpinfo() ?>, the MAMP instructions specify <?php phpinfo() ?>. The MAMP test file works.
I don't know if this a new feature or a bug.

If you want "<? phpinfo() ?>" to work, turn on short open tags in your php.ini.

I have also installed the php5-gd package but do not see the gd5 module
listed in the phpinfo() output. Are there special instructions for
getting that capability?

Does your php.ini contain a line beginning with "extension_dir"? If so, remove it; it prevents the extensions from loading properly.