On Oct 5, 2009, at 13:39, Rainer Müller wrote:

Peng Yu wrote:
On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org > wrote:
launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus- session.plist

So run that command (not as sudo).

Here is what I got after running the command that you mentioned.
What's the problem?

$sudo port install dbus
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for dbus
--->  Cleaning dbus
$ launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus- session.plist launchctl: CFURLWriteDataAndPropertiesToResource(/Library/ LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist)
failed: -10
$ls /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

The -w option requires write access to that file what you usually do not have as a normal user. It is used to remove the Disabled key from the file.

So the instructions the port prints out are wrong? Is there a way to correct them? It sounds like you're saying you need "sudo" to have access to write the changes to the plist, but I remember from prior discussions that this would cause the launchagent to be running as root, when in fact we want the launchagent running as the current user.

Alternatively you can force the load like this:
$ launchctl load -F /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus- session.plist