Le 1 févr. 10 à 15:06, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

sudo port install gcc43

it hangs at the build...

It will take over an hour to build on a modern fast Intel Mac, and much longer on older slower Macs. How long have you let it go? You can use the debug switch to see what's happening:

sudo port -d install gcc43

I see. I let it for about ~1 hour. I'll just run it again and will be more patient.
I am unfamiliar with building gcc. How come it is that slow ?

Will macport automatically change the symbolic links in /usr/bin ? or will it keep things internal to the macport tree (it's what i'd intuitively expect) ?