Andrea D'Amore wrote:
On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
I don't think Mac OS Forge is imposing any transfer limits, and MacPorts is
small enough that even tripling the download size wouldn't matter.

Interesting enough I have always got and still get about 30 kb/s from
macosforge, this is particularly evident for XQuartz. I workaround
proxying the file on a computer at uni, where it downloads at about
350 kb/s. I always wondered if it was a routing issue of my ISP or
what.

It may be a packet size problem on a router somewhere between you and macosforge. Seems to slow things down a lot. The most extreme version is the "black hole router" problem, where nothing gets through.

DN