On 21/07/11 17:21, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

gcc45 does specify those --with-* options.
gcc46 doesn't build gfortran, so it shouldn't be checking for that.

$ port info gcc46
gcc46 @4.6-20110325, Revision 1 (lang)
Variants:             gfortran, java, (-)universal

C++, Objective-C and Objective-C++. This is a prerelease
                      BETA version and does not have all available language
front ends enabled.

sudo port install gcc46

Ah, I didn't realize that gcc had a variant to enable gfortran and java ...

Your email from 50 minutes ago (*:29) mentions that you see this issue with
gcc45 as well, but I see that you have gcc45 installed in your bugzilla report.

Since you're dealing with ppc64, I don't have expectation that these issues
will be addressed any time soon, but you might want to try clang and apple-gcc42

I've had clang mentioned already, how would I go about trying that out for compiling ports? The apple gcc ports failed also. I think I'll give clang a go if it's an option and then failing that compile for ppc instead.