On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2011, at 12:41, Peng Yu wrote:
>
>> I installed the following package. But the link has the extra version
>> number. Is there a way to remove it from port?
>
> Yes, but we're not going to do that. There is also the port py26-pdfminer,
> and it installs the binary pdf2txt.py-2.6. They can't both install pdf2txt.py
> or they would conflict with one another. Just use the binary with its
> suffixed name. Or use it with its original name from the long framework path.
> If this is just about the inconvenience of typing the command in the
> terminal, you can set up a shell alias to make it more convenient.

Sorry, that I didn't state my question clearly. I remember there is a
command (using port) to select whether to use py26 or py27 even both
are installed (I forget the command name). Is there something similar
for pdf2txt.py-2.7 so that I can select which version of pdf2txt.py is
going to be used without having to specify the suffix?

--
Regards,
Peng