I just upgraded to Lion and XCode 4.3 and my macports installation is
broken. I followed the steps in the migration wiki to re-install macports
to no avail. I'm unable to install any ports. Here's an example of the
error I'm getting:

":info:configure checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"

This is when install expat, which is a dependency for git-core.

Is there a solution or should I just wait till a new version of MacPorts
comes out that's compatible with XCode 4.3?

Thanks,
Hisham