== Ryan Schmidt wrote on Tue  7.Aug'12 at  3:15:16 -0500 ==

> >> Something doesn't match up here. Something still thinks you have Xcode
> >> 3.2.6. /Developer is where Xcode stuff was located with Xcode 3.2.6 but
> >> not with 4.4. Sounds like you need to follow Apple's instructions for
> >> completely uninstalling Xcode 3.2.6. It's near the end of the About Xcode
> >> PDF. I can't find an Apple link for that but it's this:
> >>
> >> http://groups.ascd.org/resource/documents/122959-AboutXcode.pdf
> >>
> >> Then install the new Xcode's command line tools, use xcode-select to
> >> select the new Xcode, and accept the new Xcode's license agreement:
> >>
> >> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#xcode43
> >>

> > The OP shoudn't need to do that, when I upgraded mine, I started the new
> > Xcode.app and it automatically provides options to remove the older
> > versions; then, you can go to prefences -> ... -> Downloads and install the
> > command-line tools as has been explained a number of times on this list in
> > the last week. Of course, it's possible that this automated removalprocess
> > didn't happen for some reason.
>
> The reason I suggested manually uninstalling the old Xcode is that that is
> what I had to do on my system. I migrated to a Lion system from a Snow
> Leopard system, and Xcode 3.2.6 was migrated over too. Then when I installed
> Xcode 4.3 via the Mac App Store, it did not automatically uninstall the old
> Snow Leopard Xcode, even after opening Xcode.app. I even unintentionally
> opened the old Xcode 3.2.6 app after that, and was confused why Xcode 4
> features had gone missing.

Certainly  curious why the upgrade process behaves differently for different
people. Clearly something isn't right. That's why i've resisted the upgrade to
Mountain Lion; i've been bitten too often by problems that exist with early
versions of new release OS updates on the Mac platform.