On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 12:27:28PM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 06:13:24PM +0100, Clemens Lang wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:48:21AM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> > >     2013-02-09 11:44:54.610 ABQuery[55392:1203] Address book access is
> > >     denied for executable at path: /opt/local/lib/lbdb/ABQuery
>
> <SNIP>
>

> > > Based on the functions in the stack trace and my experience with other
> > > programs, this is almost certainly OS X restricting access to contacts
> > > rather than a bug in lbdb itself.

<SNIP>

> Another data point: I have a desktop and a laptop, both running lbdb 0.36
> and MacOS 10.8.2.  lbdbq works fine on the desktop, but not on the laptop.
> I may have gotten a dialog box at one point asking me if I wanted to allow
> ABQuery access to my contact info and allowed it one machine and not the
> other, but I don't remember for certain.  I've certainly seen that kind of
> prompt for other applications.  Is there a way to go back and revisit that
> decision after the fact?

Aha!  Found it!  System Preferences, Security & Privacy, "Privacy" tab.
Select Contacts on the left, and check the box next to ABQuery.

This was after I tried

  sudo port uninstall lbdb
  sudo port clean --all lbdb
  sudo port install lbdb

in an (unsuccessful) attempt to fake out the OS with a new binary, so I
don't think the binary needs to be signed, as Clemens suggested.  (For what
it matters, I've got my MacPorts configured to always build from source.)

Thanks,

Richard