> The suggested 'port notes' works for a given package;
> for example, if I run 'port install package', I can run
> 'port note depof:package' after that and get all the notes,
> in one place. But:
>
> (1) this should happen automatically
>    as a part of the 'port install'.

Well, we shouldn't put the messages solely at the end because an install can be
interrupted for any number of reasons. Upon retry, those packages are then
already installed and will not re-emit their messages unless you explicitly ask
for them.

Conversely, we'd be spewing twice as many messages if the install isn't
interrupted.

I propose a simple counter be used instead of a list: if we encountered any
notes during an install, we alert the user to scroll up and read the notes.
This avoids duplicate notes while ensuring the user gets a message.