Thank you Jeremy.

'port echo requested' doesn't return all the ports I've explicitly requested.
Notably, postfix is missing. Is there a way to refresh/recreate this requested
list?

/opt/local/etc is where I thought port configurations would live but wasn't
sure. Do you think it would be best after reformatting and installing 10.8 to
install macports, then copy /opt/local/etc from backups, then reinstall the
ports?

-Terry

On Mar 21, 2014, at 1:36 PM, Jeremy Lavergne <jer...@lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:

> I’d expect all configuration to be available in /opt/local/etc/
>
> The list of packages is available either with `port echo requested` or `port
> echo installed`, depending on your intention of installing just what you
> wanted or making sure everything is back.
>
> The output of those `port echo …` commands can be used to tell macports what
> to install:
> port install name1 @vers+variant name2 @vers+variant …
>
> On Mar 21, 2014, at 16:32, Terry Barnum <te...@dop.com> wrote:
>
>> I've got a MacPro3,1 that after updating from 10.6 to 10.7 has
>> intermittently been having its builtin Gb network interface go deaf. Nothing
>> short of a reboot can bring it back. I began suspecting hardware and added a
>> SmallTree NIC with their driver thinking that would solve it, but after two
>> days the machine went deaf again.
>>
>> So now I'm thinking that a reformat and clean install of 10.8 and all
>> macports might be the solution. This is an active mailserver with many
>> packages installed with macports (postfix, dovecot, antispam, dspam, sieve,
>> etc.) and I don't want to lose any of their configurations. I have nightly
>> CCC and hourly Timemachine backups.
>>
>> What's the recommended way to reinstall previously installed ports (in 10.7)
>> with all previous configuration onto a fresh system running 10.8?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice.

Terry Barnum
digital OutPost
http://www.dop.com