Hi,

You need to use the -L option to tell the linker to look in your MacPorts
installation.

Also, if you want a particular ruby version, it would be better I think to
explicitly link against that, rather than relying on what ‘libruby’ point to

so (if your installation is in the default prefix) use

-L/opt/local/lib -lruby.2.1

Chris