> On 19 Oct 2014, at 7:17 pm, Brandon Allbery <allber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Chris Jones <jon...@hep.phy.cam.ac.uk>
>> wrote:
>> ... it is not a matter of 'seeing fit'. Unless you want ongoing problems,
>> the only correct thing to do is to reinstall *all* your ports...
>
> Uninstalling port you don't want any more is perfectly legitimate, provided
> it's not a dependency of something you do want, and will hopefully shorten
> the amount of time spent rebuilding.

Well yes, you do not have to reinstall everything after removal. The important
bit is the removal step... ;)

( I normally use this migration as a way of clearing out ports I once
installed, but no longer want. I keep the list of previously installed ports,
as reference, but then only reinstall stuff as and when i want it... )