On 11/15/2014 12:20 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 12:17 PM, René J.V. <rjvber...@gmail.com <mailto:rjvber...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Have you asked your users to start the executable in the debugger
    to see if the SIGTERM results from an abort function being called
    or something else?

9 is SIGKILL, not SIGTERM.

I am under the impression that Apple doesn't like fully static executables any more; it's possible that 10.10 just refuses to run them now. Console.app might show what's going on.

after asking my users to check out the Console.app logs, the actual error
was identified as :

11/15/14 10:04:37.000 AM kernel[0]: Cannot enforce a hard page-zero for ./cgalmesh.mexmaci64

following this message, I found a relevant previous discussion

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26351831/os-x-app-that-runs-on-10-6-to-10-9-doesnt-run-on-10-10-yosemite-why

so, it looks like I am not alone. valgrind has a similar problem too

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.bugs/1553705

now, I guess the question is to find a way to fix the problem
while keeping the binaries' backward compatibility.

any more suggestions?

Qianqian

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh sine nomine associates
allber...@gmail.com <mailto:allber...@gmail.com> ballb...@sinenomine.net <mailto:ballb...@sinenomine.net>