At 9:46 PM +0100 3/20/15, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
I don't like the idea of holding off on Qt 5.4 for the sake of "SL" (much as I love it), nor do I like the idea of dropping Qt 5 support for "SL" (because I love it too much for that :)) So I am now exploring an option that may be a bit unusual: OS-specific port versions. Nothing as fancy as it seems: for OS X 10.6 users port:qt5-mac-devel will appear to be at 5.3.2 and for all other users it will appear to be at 5.4.x .

Just one data point, but the next version of MythTV (0.28) is going to require Qt 5.2 at a minimum. Their reasoning: