On May 28, 2015, at 11:22 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Was he doing a universal build? ImageMagick doesn't have +universal as a
> default variant, so I don't see why one would need universal_archs if one
> just wants or needs to build the entire tree in 32bit mode ...

MacPorts tries to remedy architecture mismatches by building dependencies
+universal.

So the OP is trying to build ImageMagick x86_64. Its dependency libtool is
already installed, but its architecture is unsatisfactory. MacPorts tries to
fix this by rebuilding libtool +universal, but it notices that universal_archs
doesn't contain "x86_64" and bails out.

vq